Do I need to redirect my CDN subdomain www version to the non-www

Do I need to redirect my CDN subdomain www version to the non-www - If a page has internal and external outgoing links to redirecting URLs, it’s returning 3xx (301, 302, etc.) HTTP status codes standing for redirection. This issue means that the page does not exist on a permanent or temporary basis. It appears on most of the popular web browsers, usually caused by a misconfigured website. However, there are some steps you can take to ensure the issue isn’t on your side. You can find more details about redirecting URLs by reading the Google Search Central overview. In this article, we’ll go over how you can fix the Do I need to redirect my CDN subdomain www version to the non-www error on your web browser. Problem :


I just uploaded some images to a CDN that is available under:



http://subdomain.example.com/image/filename.jpg


So I need to make any redirect as I do for the main domain? In that case I redirect the non-www version to the www version and it's the preferred URL in Webmaster tools.



Is it the same for subdomains? I mean do I have to create a CNAME for the http://www.subdomain.example.com and redirect it to http://subdomain.example.com or I'm fine with only the non-www version?



What is the proper SEO friendly workaround here? Do I need to care about the ww version of the CDN subdomain?


Solution :

There's no need to redirect a CDN since Google will not treat resources as page content and therefore if resources are accessible in several ways it will have no bearing on the page. You should use the URL that you prefer to use and put this to rest.



In addition to Simon's answer...



Is www.subdomain.example.com even accessible? There's no point creating a CNAME record for www just so you can redirect it. Users aren't expecting www.subdomain.example.com to be available in the same way they might expect www.example.com to be (but neither are they likely to type it).


We hope that this article has helped you resolve the seo, redirects, dns error in your web browsers. Enjoy browsing the internet uninterrupted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redirected urls show in serp, with the original permalink but with the title and meta of the target page

How can I redirect everything but the index as 410?

How do I redirect traffic only if being accessed from a specific port?